Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Little Teal Princess

Well I've been seriously slacking in the blog department side of things. Very busy with everyday life, kids getting ready to go back to school, finishing up the princess dresser, helping at the horse rescue..you get the drift.

I have been following along on the blogs and I will say here and now I'm going to Haven one day! That would be such a fun trip. I've also followed Liz marie's blog across a few states garage sale heaven. Would love that! Can I just say that there are also ALOT of giveaways on various blogs so sign up..You never know.

Now back to The Princess, here she is before
 
And after using a homemade chalky type paint, I mixed Websters chalk paint powder with Behr paint samples.
 


Couldn't decide to cover this in paint or not.
 
I used a two tone plan, wanted it to contrast a bit and I layered the top and sides. What do ya think so far? I was really liking it at this point. Then I went wild and painted the original hardware plus a couple of extras I had on hand.
 

 
I also polyed the top as I have a feeling this will end up in a little girls room (maybe mine, she's been eyeing it all day) But it is now for sale. Hoping to sell something before my husband bands me from buying any more "junk" LOL..
Now for the finale!
 

 
 
 
Cross your fingers that someone else loves this as much as me!


No comments:

Post a Comment